Requesting a change to the BugStatusWorkFlow: Closed/UPSTREAM

Stijn Hoop stijn at sandcat.nl
Fri Jan 20 14:00:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 07:20:20 -0500
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Well, the proposal I'm making is the one that I've been following
> personally in my own projects, which I feel is providing better
> service to my users.

Speaking as a (mostly) user: I agree with this statement. I would rather
have the bugs kept in the open state until a package with the fix is
released, so that I can see when they are fixed in Fedora.

Since I am not a package maintainer, I cannot estimate the impact of
such a policy on the workload of those busy people. I can live with the
current status quo.

Just my EUR 0.02,

--Stijn