cupsd lacking sysv compatibility?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:37:31 UTC 2012

On 21/01/12 15:33, Neal Becker wrote:
> sudo service cupsd restart
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl  restart cupsd.service
> Failed to issue method call: Unit cupsd.service failed to load: No such file or
> directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status cupsd.service' for details.

It's no longer a daemon, so drop the d I guess.

sudo service cups restart
[sudo] password for
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl  restart cups.service
~$ systemctl status cups.service
cups.service - CUPS Printing Service
	  Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/cups.service; enabled)
	  Active: active (running) since Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:35:19 +0000; 19s ago
	Main PID: 22801 (cupsd)
	  CGroup: name=systemd:/system/cups.service
		  └ 22801 /usr/sbin/cupsd -f

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy