gnome-shell in rawhide

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 14:25:57 UTC 2012

Just a heads-up:

With the updates I built over the weekend, gnome-shell should be back in
working condition in rawhide, at least it works fine for me now.

I've also built a number of bug-fixes that should stop
gnome-settings-daemon from crashing, but gcc doesn't currently let me
rebuild PackageKit. As a workaround, you can disable the updates plugin
for now:

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.updates active false

In other news, gnome-disk-utility and gvfs have been switched over to
using udisks2 now. This should cause minimal disruption as udisks2 is
fully-parallel installable with udisks, which will stay around for a
while.

Matthias