new comps group proposal: Virtualization Host

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 20:26:17 UTC 2012

Alan Pevec (apevec at gmail.com) said:
> Since comps groups can't be extended, flow is to choose Minimal on the
> initial Anaconda screen, then Customize Now:
> * http://apevec.fedorapeople.org/virtmin1.png
> In the next step, under Base System category, new "Virtualization
> Host" group is choosen.
> * http://apevec.fedorapeople.org/virtmin2.png
>
> Questions for this list are:
> - do you think there's value to have this "Virtualization Host" option
> in the first Anaconda screen, among Graphical Desktop/Software
> Development/Web Server and Minimal, to avoid the second step?

Note that we're redefining comps groups some, which will (eventually)
filter into the anaconda interface.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-January/161097.html
for more details, but in any case, I wouldn't worry about trying to lock
down the 'how-to-do-this-in-anaconda'.

> - any better suggestions for the name of the group, maybe
> "Virtualization Minimal", "Minimal Hypervisor", "Virtualization Node"

'Virtualization Hypervisor'?

Bill