The question of rolling release?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jan 24 15:53:32 UTC 2012

Am 24.01.2012 15:48, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 01/24/2012 08:09 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>>>
>>> What the ...?
>>>

>>    systemd 26 vs 37/38 ... tho you're right yes there were/are some
>> damage control fixes ... which is the point - in a rolling release model
>> things like this would (should) get the proper attention they need,
>> instead of moving focus on to the 'next release' ...
>
> You are ridding on thin ice here.  systemd gets many many updates.
> Claiming that it doesnt receive proper attention is very much
> unsubstantiated.  I think you should go back on this claim.

where are they for F15?

systemd-26-14.fc15
systemd-37-9.fc16

this is BAD because the version in F15 was a really EARLY state
services for F16 like cups rely on systemd-features that do NOT
exist in F15 - so you have no chance converting sysv to systemd
in an easy way on your F15 installation

this is NOT "receive proper attention"