The question of rolling release?

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:59:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
> So how did Arch Linux cope with that particular set of changes?  I
> suppose Arch Linux collapsed never to recover?  I think not!

It would behoove the argument you are making if you could write up the
summary of how Arch handles technology shifts for us to review,
instead of challenging us to look it up ourselves.  You've brought up
Arch as an example, its in your best interest to educate the rest of
us about how they operate as part of making your argument stick.  Your
challenge as a rhetorical device doesn't work when the people you are
challenging do not yet have a vested interest in making the change.
You do, and thus, and your interests as an advocate of change are best
served by walking the rest of us through how Arch does disruptive
change management in their release process.

-jef