The question of rolling release?

Henrique Junior henriquecsj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 23:37:36 UTC 2012

2012/1/25 Björn Persson <bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se>:
> Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> What's wrong with preupgrade?
>
> Preupgrade makes no effort to verify the authenticity of the new release it
> downloads, so it's only usable for throw-away boxes where you don't care too
> much if you get a backdoor or two installed together with your new Fedora
> release.
>
> Björn Persson
>
> --

I would like to see Fedora following the path of rolling release.
openSUSE is doing a great job with the Tumbleweed, still keeping the
same old system of releases and letting users choose whether or not
using roling release.
Particularly I wouldn't like to see this thread dying as happened in
other occasions, after all, we know that discussions may not lead to
anything, and sometimes small actions can be more productive than long
threads [1]. I wonder if we could create a poll (for active members
with FAS accounts) to determine what the community thinks about it.
After the poll, if the idea of ​​rolling release receives most votes
then would be the time to discuss "how" and "when" doing the
implementation.

[1] - http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2010-11/msg00206.html

--
Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior