UsrMove feature breaking "yum upgrade" upgrades from older releases to F17?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 26 03:06:34 UTC 2012

Am 26.01.2012 03:57, schrieb Mathieu Bridon:
> On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 03:22 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> i don't have any problems downloading a DvD, or a LiveCD
>>
>> for one simple desktop, but realize your desktop is not the world
>
> And realize that Fedora is a community project with no guarantee
> whatsoever.

and that is a valueable argument for breaking things
without really good reasons?

> As for any other FOSS community project, if you want something to be
> guaranteed, you'll have to do it yourself or pay someone to do it.

why are there so many people with this attitude?

if opensource would really mean "we are breaking thins as we like
the whole time and making changes without thoughs how they are
affecting users" opensource would be pretty soon pretty dead

> Ranting continuously on mailing lists will not gain you any sympathy

sympathy alone does not bring things forward

> nor is it a productive use of your own limited time

and seeing things going wrong and waste the time after
they gone wrong is a better use of time?