UsrMove feature breaking "yum upgrade" upgrades from older releases to F17?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 26 08:40:33 UTC 2012

I wrote:
> IMHO this is a showstopper and approval for UsrMove should be withdrawn
> and the "feature" reverted.

PS: Oh, and I don't see why this cannot be fixed by a %pretrans scriptlet in
filesystem rather than a script we have to run by hand. That's what
%pretrans is for. (We successfully used %pretrans to convert directories to
symlinks or the opposite in a couple cases in KDE packaging in the past.
None were directories as important as the ones being touched by UsrMove
though!) And the scriptlet having been written BEFORE starting to convert
packages should have been a requirement for approving this feature.

        Kevin Kofler