Bumblebee on fedora

Maxim Burgerhout maxim at wzzrd.com
Thu Jan 26 10:19:39 UTC 2012

I  looked into packaging it for Fedora a while back, but there are a couple
of issues, iirc.

First of all, you'll also need to package VirtualGL, which isn't part of
Fedora at the moment either.

Aside from that, Bumblebee(d) needs one of the vga_switcheroo, acpi_call or
similar kernel modules to do power management, right? Those kernel modules
are out-of-tree and Fedora does not ship out-of-tree kernel modules.

So indeed, RPMFusion is probably a better place, since they can distribute
kmod RPM's.

Apart from that that, I installed bumblebee(d) on Fedora (I'm using it
right now) and it wasn't a real big issue.

Maxim Burgerhout
maxim at wzzrd.com
EB11 5E56 E648 9D99 E8EF 05FB C513 6FD4 1302 B48A