Heads up: Rebuild for Ruby 1.9.3

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 06:51:35 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 01/25/2012 02:10 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>
> > 1) Always use Bundler provided by Fedora which will works as it
> > should.
> > 2) Force Ruby and RubyGems upstream to properly support FHS. I
> > already
> > provided patches [1] but I need your support.
> > 3) Revert the customized behavior of RubyGems and break FHS.
> > 4) Treat root as regular user and install gem also into root's home
> > directory, but it obviously doesn't make sense.
>
> FHS is broken by upstream.  Fedora ideally should be doing 2) and
> work
> with upstream instead of patching the changes downstream which tends
> cause problems like the current situation.
>
> Rahul

Yes, we are of course trying to push the patches upstream, but it is a bit problematic, since the upstream says, that this is an FHS-specific issue and they only want to do general solutions - see [1] for the discussion.

Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.

[1] https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/issues/210