[ACTION REQUIRED v3] Retiring packages for F-17

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:16:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:55:14 -0600, BWI (Bruno) wrote:

> > > Since I actually use xmms, I'm taking xmms-pulse.
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-January/161136.html
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I checked for bugs before picking it up and
> didn't see any.

They are hidden under the carpet:

  http://tinyurl.com/84z7rlv

That happens when bug-zapper scripts close tickets without anyone paying
attention at all. :-(

> Sound works with xmms and pulseaudio now, though I do
> have an issue with the volume setting reseting every time I restart it.
> But I am not sure if that xmms-pulse's problem.

It is.  It needs to connect to Pulse Audio with default stream volume
level instead of setting its own volume level. That should have happened
approx. in 2009 already.