Rolling release Fedora - fantastic idea

Andrew Wyatt andrew at fuduntu.org
Sat Jan 28 17:15:11 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 10:35 AM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> ----- "Andrew Wyatt"<andrew at fuduntu.org>  wrote:
>> Way to represent Fedora by being a jerk.
> Way to represent Fedora by being a jerk.
>
> Next time try to "be excellent to each other." Two things I personally get tired of reading. A rhetorical question comes to mind "Would you rather he was excellent to you and lied saying it's a splendid idea when he feels differently just to spare hurting your feelings?" Kevin represents himself not Fedora. He is an individual and is free to his opinions.
>
> The rolling release idea comes up annually and a lot of developers/contributors get tired of wasting time sending and reading emails about it. Another is a long term release, I can't count how many times that has come up in the last few years. I'll not apologize for Kevin's response because honestly, I agree with him.
>
> -- Bob
I didn't call him a jerk because he disagreed about the potential of
Fedora as a rolling release.  I called him a jerk for being a jerk.  I
offered nothing but praise for Fedora, and he started the response with
"just go away".

There is a difference between disagreeing, and being an asshat.

Back on topic.  It wouldn't continue to come up if people didn't see
value in it.  Simply discarding the idea because "a lot of developers"
feel that it's a "waste of time" is not valid criticism of the idea.

If you "can't count" how many times it has come up, perhaps you should
investigate it because there is obviously potential in the idea.