Rolling release Fedora - fantastic idea

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Sat Jan 28 16:59:12 UTC 2012

----- "Andrew Wyatt" <andrew at fuduntu.org> wrote:

> I didn't call him a jerk because he disagreed about the potential of
> Fedora as a rolling release.  I called him a jerk for being a jerk.  I
> offered nothing but praise for Fedora, and he started the response
> with
> "just go away".
>
> There is a difference between disagreeing, and being an asshat.
>
> Back on topic.  It wouldn't continue to come up if people didn't see
> value in it.  Simply discarding the idea because "a lot of developers"
> feel that it's a "waste of time" is not valid criticism of the idea.
>
> If you "can't count" how many times it has come up, perhaps you should
> investigate it because there is obviously potential in the idea.

I should stay out of the technical dead horse/discussion and stick to offensive behavior that is my specialty but I feel I need to respond one more time.

Value to who? Some random $BRIGHTIDEAGENERATOR who has no idea of the amount of work involved for those that actually do the work? 1 for and 100 against because it is the 100 that will have to do the work to make the 1 happy? The $BRIGHTIDEAGENERATOR always says "Oh I can help do the work." Then after they look at the reality of the situation discover what is actually involved from an engineering standpoint... they turn in to vapor. There was just a 60 message thread on this topic, why start another flamefest thread of doom?

Sorry again, I disagree.

-- Bob