Rolling release Fedora - fantastic idea

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Jan 28 17:37:29 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 11:15:11AM -0600, Andrew Wyatt wrote:

> Back on topic.  It wouldn't continue to come up if people didn't see
> value in it.  Simply discarding the idea because "a lot of developers"
> feel that it's a "waste of time" is not valid criticism of the idea.
>
> If you "can't count" how many times it has come up, perhaps you should
> investigate it because there is obviously potential in the idea.

Maybe it's good to create a wiki page or so with a FAQ about both the
rolling release and the long term support issue, explaining why these
things do not exist and why people in general think it's a bad idea.

If people still want to argue *after* reading this FAQ, they should
have really good arguments.  The arguments in the original mail about
the "success" of mixing up things are by no means impressing, this
is just stating he's lucky enough to not come across all the possible
problems (and I'm sure there are *many* of them).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>