UsrMove feature breaking "yum upgrade" upgrades from older releases to F17?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:15:49 UTC 2012

2012/1/28 Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de>:

> Why stop with Solaris compatibility and not mimick Windows?
> No /usr, no /bin => /redhat. Seems to be the spirit behind all this.
>
> Ralf

The rhetoric spoils the argument. Various people inside of Red Hat are
either for this, against this, wanting to see where the train wreck
will end, thinking this is the greatest innovation since Unix, etc.
All the rhetoric does is cause people (inside and outside of Red Hat)
to rally more around that idea no matter how silly than allow the idea
to be looked at, valued for its merits and then discarded or kept.

I would like to think that after 8 years of this same argument, and
its ineffectiveness it would time to do something else.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd