Rolling release Fedora - "testing-release"-Proposal

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Jan 31 11:35:32 UTC 2012

On 31/01/12 11:55, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Ignorance must be fought through education, not bureaucracy!
>
>         Kevin Kofler
Right. Bureaucracy must be minimized, but I also think, processes must
get designed in a way preventing people from making bad errors. If a
little bureaucracy facilitates it, so in somebody's name do it.

I'm not proposing a rolling release.

My intention was, to show a way, how to get both (current stable release
model AND rolling release) from our infrastructure and release model.

You're not alone, when thinking, rolling releases would be mostly
unsupportable.

I also know, discussions about releases and packager policies
come and go (about once or even twice every release cycle), so let's
stop here.

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>
               <mrunge at fedoraproject.org>