SELinux-related Rawhide breakage today

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:07:13 UTC 2012

After installing today's Rawhide updates on an x86_64 VM, I started
having troubles running programs.  Nothing linked with libselinux.so.1
could actually open that library; the programs were getting EACCESS on
the attempt.  I figured I needed to do a relabel, but since restorecon
is linked with libselinux.so.1, .....

I touched /.autorelabel and rebooted.  The system couldn't even shut
down, so I had to do a sync and a forced shutoff.  When the system
came back up, it immediately started complaining about lots of
programs that were unable to load libcrypt.  So I forced it off again
and rebooted with enforcing=0.  That worked, but skipped the
relabeling step!  I got a root shell and ran restorecon by hand to
relabel.  The only file that got relabeled was this, which looks
wrong:

restorecon reset /lib64/libproc-3.2.8.so context
system_u:object_r:lib_t:s0->system_u:object_r:default_t:s0

Is something broken in SELinux land today?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/