default DNS caching name server on Fedora ?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 20:36:09 UTC 2012

On 07/06/2012 10:54 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> If dnsmasq is already running, NM will probably not mess with it.  Try
> disabling it from start at boot and allow NM to manage the process.

If dnsmasq is running and listening on 127.0.0.1, the dnsmasq instance
started by NetworkManager will fail to start, and NetworkManager will
operate normally.  (I.e. it won't use the dnsmasq plugin.)

If you want to run an instance of dnsmasq for some other purpose (to
provide DNS and DHCP for a virtual network, for example) you need to
make sure that it isn't listening on 127.0.0.1.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno at gmail.com
"If you're going to shift my paradigm ... at least buy me dinner first."