[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 18

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Jul 9 15:38:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 08:40:23AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:54:38 +0200
> Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 06/07/12 22:55, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > > Package html401-dtds (orphan)
> > > 	comaintained by: gnat
> >
> > Does it mean, we won't have HTML 4.01 DTDs packaged in Fedora? That
> > sounds bad. Also, how can orphan be comaintained? Won't comaintainer
> > be automatically elevated to a maintainer?
>
> There's no setup to do that automatically, it's up to the comaintainer
> to note that the maintainer orphaned the package and take ownership.
>
> Normally you would think if you were co-maintaining something you would
> notice if it was orphaned I would think...

Except that not everyone is perfect and it is easy to miss such pkgdb
mails in case someone returns from vacation. Therefore I would like it
more if these procedures would be adjusted to make it harder to fail,
i.e. by explicitly addressing all co-maintainers when the retiring of
orphaned packages is due. I believe I proposed this already at least
once.

Regards
Till