Licensing change: Audacious - GPLv3 --> BSD

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:09:52 UTC 2012

You need to get the permission of everyone who contributed code to the
GPL'd codebase, to convert to the BSD license.  Not sure I can comment
on translations.  It's far easier to convert from BSD to GPL,
specifically because the BSD is so permissive.  One theoretically
supposes somebody might have contributed a snippet of code so minimal
as not to constitute original expression, but people don't really want
to go into those considerations when they contemplate converting from
one code license to another.  The GPL is really for keeping code from
being casually converted to other licenses.

Seth