Licensing change: Audacious - GPLv3 --> BSD

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:30:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:03:02 +0000 (UTC), Petr Pisar wrote:

> > Have you had your name and a copyright statement in any source file?
>
> Obviously not. I just remember some patches into plugins and they have
> been removed probably.

The plugins are a different source package and a different Fedora package,
too. This thread is about the base player.

> (Actually I do not wonder. In recent past, it was difficult to get my
> updates to upstream, the developers were ignoring my bug reports about
> out-dated po/POTFILES.in which got the whole project translation effort
> into deep limb.

This list is the wrong place to complain about that. The bug tracker has
changed end of 2011, but they have been quick in responding to tickets.

> Audacious developers got tired of the
> internationalization probably, and they moved the translations to
> Lunchpad which effectively killed my interrest in translating this
> project any more.

I think they've moved to using Transifex.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.4-5.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.38 0.37 0.43