Licensing change: Audacious - GPLv3 --> BSD

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 12:57:52 UTC 2012

On 07/10/2012 05:22 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> This may be another chance for smartasses to jump in with general legal
> pedantry, but I don't consider that helpful.

All accurate legal interpretations are essentially "pedantry".

What I don't consider helpful is making broad generalizations about
legal issues. Copyright doesn't fail to exist because it isn't
attributed. Yes, the copyright situation on a long-lived FOSS project
like Audacious is rather complicated.

~tom

==
Fedora Project