Licensing change: Audacious - GPLv3 --> BSD

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:05:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:19:09 -0400, Seth Johnson wrote:

> Copyright is automatic under Berne.

Which only means that you don't need to apply for copyright at any
government office.

But copyright on _what_? What comprises a "copyright work"? Single words?
Single lines of code? Trivial/obvious code fragments some other person who
have added at some other point of time? Or more original work only?

> people who contribute code to a GPL'd project
> (or any project) automatically have a copyright claim,

And we still don't know what has been contributed, if at all. And what
licensing terms were applied to the file the person contributed to. The
project this thread refers to has used different licenses for a long time
already.

Hey Audacious developers, here's a patch for a missing "return 1;" in
libaudcore, and now that you've seen my patch, if you merge that line
of code, I claim my rights.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.4-5.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.27 0.20 0.15