UsrMove, /etc/shells, and rpm interpreter requires

Ondrej Vasik ovasik at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 09:55:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 10:30 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 06:12:45PM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> > Am 10.07.2012 17:18, schrieb Orion Poplawski:
> > > Shouldn't that be /usr/ as well.  Will it cause problems if it doesn't match
> > > with the /etc/passwd entry?
> > >

> > yes, /etc/shells might be a problem... I would suggest:
> >
> > install the $shell in /usr/bin/$shell, Provide: /bin/$shell in the spec file and
> > add both paths in /etc/shell
> >
> > or we patch "chsh" and the like?
> >
> Adding both paths to /etc/shell sounds preferable to me.

I can update the default /etc/shells shell paths to contain both paths
in setup package, however, other shell packages are modifying it too, so
it would be better to have some solution without need to involve dash,
zsh, tcsh, ksh and maybe other shell maintainers and need them to update
their packages because of the UsrMove changes.
Any ideas?

Greetings,
         Ondrej