Perl 5.16 upgrade in F18

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 07:15:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm working on perl upgrade in rawhide
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/perl5.16) and I'm happy I'm
almost finished with rebuilding all perl packages into special f18-perl
build root in Koji.

That means I will merge the f18-perl build root back to f18 very
soon (in a few days). I believe this will be safe and sound operation
and you should not notice any harm.

The only issue I forsee is a few notifications about broken dependencies
(mainly unsatisfied perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.14.*)). There will be two
groups of packages hit by this problem:

(1) Packages that have been upgraded in standard f18 build root since
rebuild in f18-perl. You do not need to take care about them. I will fix
them by rebuilding them again.

(2) Packages that could not been rebuilt because of some bug. I know
about them. They are 15 in total and I will file FTBFS bugs for them into
Bugzilla.

-- Petr