prelink should not mess with running executables

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 23:22:47 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 01:10 PM, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> Generally speaking do we have a cron-like service that knows how to
> taste for onbattery in a high level way? Or do we have to encode that
> check into each script that fires from a cron-like service?

In /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron there is a test using /usr/bin/on_ac_power
before starting the anacron daemon, though I would consider it a shortcoming
that this test is performed when anacron is started rather than when the
actual jobs are run, which could be up to $RANDOM_DELAY minutes later.

                 Do NOT delete it.