prelink should not mess with running executables

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 17:50:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 08:32 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> In terms of how the Guidelines would look, FPC would probably need to either
> work on the boilerplate that the collections code uses or link to them
> for the benefit of maintainers that want to maintain rpms in EPEL 5 and
> EPEL 6.

It should mostly be a matter of moving various bits of magic out of
scriptlets and into rpm macros, so I don't think there's much _new_ to
document besides noting which releases no longer need scriptleting; and
for that matter keeping many such scriptlets (like /sbin/ldconfig) is
harmless, just inefficient.

- ajax