prelink should not mess with running executables

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:51:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 01:50:58PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 08:32 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > In terms of how the Guidelines would look, FPC would probably need to either
> > work on the boilerplate that the collections code uses or link to them
> > for the benefit of maintainers that want to maintain rpms in EPEL 5 and
> > EPEL 6.
>
> It should mostly be a matter of moving various bits of magic out of
> scriptlets and into rpm macros, so I don't think there's much _new_ to
> document besides noting which releases no longer need scriptleting; and
> for that matter keeping many such scriptlets (like /sbin/ldconfig) is
> harmless, just inefficient.

I dunno.  there's no documentation on how it works so I don't know what it
would look like yet.  (I'm guessing that in addition to the scriptlets,
there also needs to be rules written that tell when the scriptlets need to
be run.  And the collections would need to inject the proper
Requires(scriptlet): information into the rpn as well).

-Toshio