Introduction: Interested in becoming a packager for fis-gtm and vista

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 17 02:02:05 UTC 2012

Dear Fedora Devel,

I'm interested in becoming a packager for:

* fis-gtm:  an open source implementation of the M/MUMPS language/database
* vista:     The EHR of the Department of Veterans Affairs

I have been working recently with the upstream teams of these two projects
while packaging them for the Debian Linux distribution, and would like to build
on top of that packaging experience to bring both fis-gtm and vista into Fedora.

VistA depends on fis-gtm being available. Therefore I'm first preparing the
package for fis-gtm. I anticipate to be able to upload the fis-gtm package
for review soon

    Thanks

          Luis

More on my background

Development work of ITK
http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/gitstat/ITK-2011-12-17/authors.html

Blogs at Kitware
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/user/6

Blogs at OpenSource.com
http://opensource.com/users/luis-ibanez

Role is OSEHRA
the project creating an open source environment for VistA.
http://osehra.org/users/luisibanez

The Open Source Software Practices class that we teach at RPI since 2007
http://www.opensourcesoftwarepractice.org/

Our upcoming presentation about VistA and OSEHRA at OSCON
http://opensource.com/health/12/7/open-source-electronic-health-records-all-oscon-2012
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012/public/schedule/detail/24129