MailScanner in Fedora

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:23:42 UTC 2012

Yesterday I was working on migrating the legacy sysv scripts for
mailscanner to native systemd when I came across this wiki page [1].

Does anyone know what the current status of this is in the project?

It would be good to get an feed back on certain things with the
migration of it from those that actually use it.

As things stand now on the migration part is that.

I have created MailScanner.service which from the looks of it obsoletes
/usr/sbin/check_MailScanner

In addition to that I created sendmail-in.service and
sendmail-out.service sm-client-ms.service which is starting sendmail and
sm-client with the parameters found in the legacy sysv init file and was
looking at postfix and exim when I stopped since to me this felt as the
wrong approach migrating this.

Now the problem here is that I feel we should always use the existing
unit files for those daemons and if application wants to have them
started up differently the administrator should just follow [2] or that
the package installs a new unit file based on [2] into
/etc/systemd/system with those parameters instead of creating new unit
files.

Thoughts comments appreciated

Thanks.

JBG