kernel 3.4.4-5 refuses to boot

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 19:21:24 UTC 2012

Has there been any trouble booting the 3.4.4-5 kernel?

I updated one of my F17 machines today and it brought in a new kernel, 3.4.4-5.

When I rebooted the box after all the updates completed it refused to boot.

It just hangs with a non-blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner of a totally blank screen.

The drive light will continue to blink for about 30 seconds and then no further drive activity.

Have to power cycle the box to recover and boot into the previous kernel.