prelink should not mess with running executables

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 13:37:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 08:14 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> I'm already handling updates. Updates are a no-brainer. It's a controlled,
> orderly process, and I can handle my housekeeping using the hook scripts.
>
> There is nothing comparable that can be used with prelink.

The API for that would be inotify. If you are putting so much value
(arguably much more than most others) in the identity of your
executable, you need to watch it.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty