Ubuntu Unity has been ported to Fedora 17

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:40:36 UTC 2012

2012/7/19 Jef Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Jussi Lehtola
> <jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:49:15 +0200
> > Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com> wrote:

> > (clip)
> >
> >> This part worries me

> > Lol, as if that isn't enough, looks like they ship their own version of
> > GCC 4.6 as well in the repo...
>
> It would be better to think of this as a starting point for porting
> and to work out the packaging issue instead of an enduser consumable.
> Porting Unity outside of Ubuntu is not going to be easy for anyone.
> There's a reason why its not in Debian yet at all.

So should start from
here<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Packaging_Guidelines>
because
in this case "Ubuntu Unity has NOT been ported to Fedora 17" but has been
installed forcedly. ;)

*Antonio Trande
"Fedora Ambassador"*
*"Fedora italian translation group"*
*"Blogger"

**mail*: mailto:sagitter at fedoraproject.org <sagitter at fedoraproject.org>
*Homepage*: http://www.fedora-os.org
*Sip Address* : sip:sagitter AT ekiga.net
*Jabber <http://jabber.org/>* :sagitter AT jabber.org
*GPG Key: 19E6DF27*