Ubuntu Unity has been ported to Fedora 17

Nelson Marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:58:39 UTC 2012

2012/7/19 Jef Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Nelson Marques <nmo.marques at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've asked Ken to provide me some additional info on this; I will mail
>> tomorrow or during the weekend the links to this list.
>
> Let's get an accurate picture of what is actually left for vendor
> patches before we decide the current situation is a non-starter. And
> then try to categorize them as critical or not. End of the day, a
> compromise will most likely have to be made with some non-critical
> patches not being included, with Fedora's version of Unity being less
> capable than Ubuntu's Unity desktop until the patches can be
> refactored in a way that they are upstreamable.  I'm willing to help
> where I can with any changes that lead to submittable packages.

I'm not involved in this project anyway; If this is going forward, I
don't mind co-maintaining a few packages, I would prefer the indicator
stack as it's the components I know better. Either way my
interventions were not meant to promote this initiative or to bash it.
I've only tried to share a few issues I found in the past, though I'm
willing to help co-maintaining a 'few' packages, not the whole stack,
I don't have time for it.