Accidental soname bump in libdbi

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 18:52:22 UTC 2012

Last night I updated libdbi from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4, without paying much
attention since a tarball diff showed that upstream hadn't done anything
except update the configure script and supporting files.  However, this
morning the broken-deps script whinged about it.  Looking more closely,
it appears that the new script causes it to build "libdbi.so.1.0.0"
instead of "libdbi.so.0.0.0".  Given that the upstream major version
number has not changed, it seems to me this is bogus and the package
should continue to use "0" as the soname major version.

So I'll fix that later today.  If you got a broken-deps gripe for one
of the dependent packages, please *do not* rebuild.

			apologies, tom lane