hunspell-en not installed by default anymore

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 14:26:35 UTC 2012

Rex Dieter (rdieter at math.unl.edu) said:
> Seems as of f17, kde live image no longer has hunspell-en installed by
> default anymore.  I'm *guessing* it's due to comps-related changes dropping
> <packagereq type="conditional" requires="hunspell">hunspell-en</packagereq>
> in favor of yum-langpacks to handle it and that yum-langpacks doesn't get
> used during spin creation.
>
> Followup similar question is whether yum-langpacks gets used during non-live
> anaconda installed either.
>
> Anyway, what's the best way out of this mess?  some options off the top of
> my head:
> 1.  hunspell re-add hard requirement on hunspell-en
> 2.  comps: re-add conditionals
> 3.  some other more awesome idea I can't think of...

anaconda uses the langpacks plugin, and the livecd compose does as well
if you pass '-p'. Both of these use the normal langpack configuration
mechanism, so either you set the locale (as done in 'normal' anaconda) or
add locales to the config file.

I'd guess what happened is that we didn't modify the live spin compose
process to pass '-p' for the spins for F17? (If so, that's likely on me
for not documenting it clearly.)

Bill