F17 updates broke anaconda PNG image handling

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Tue Jul 24 19:09:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 02:51:52PM -0400, David Malcolm wrote:

> Possibly a silly question, but are these files actually pngs internally?
> e.g. what does running "file" on them say?  Can eog open them?
>
> (I ran into a bug years ago where a supposed png file was actually a
> text file, due to a messed up "cp" in a specfile, iirc).

Yes, all these files are ok.  I just scp'ed config-language.png via the
VT2 shell to another system and "file" says it's a PNG, I can display
the image, etc.

Also, the pixmaps directories of the good (F17 GA) and bad (F17 updated)
filesystem (while anaconda is running) look exactly the same.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>