[ACTION REQUIRED v3] Retiring packages for F-18

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 19:56:58 UTC 2012

Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> writes:
> Before we branch for Fedora 18, as is custom, we will block currently
> orphaned packages and packages that have failed to build since Fedora 16.

> The following packages are currently orphaned, or fail to build.
> [snip]

That list seems seriously incomplete.  I'm aware of at least these
others that have FTBFS in both F17 and F18 mass rebuilds, as evidenced
by their release tags:

alevt-0:1.6.2-16.fc15.x86_64
eboard-0:1.1.1-7.fc15.x86_64
enigma-0:1.01-15.x86_64
fbdesk-0:1.4.1-7.fc15.x86_64
fuse-emulator-0:1.0.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64
gconf-cleaner-0:0.0.3-2.fc15.x86_64
gdmap-0:0.8.1-8.fc15.x86_64
gimmix-0:0.5.7.1-2.fc15.x86_64
gnofract4d-0:3.13-2.fc15.x86_64
grace-0:5.1.22-9.fc16.x86_64
gshutdown-0:0.2-8.fc16.x86_64
gtksourceview-1:1.8.5-8.fc15.i686
gtksourceview-1:1.8.5-8.fc15.x86_64
hardinfo-0:0.5.1-3.fc15.x86_64
libgdiplus-0:2.10-2.fc16.i686
libgdiplus-0:2.10-2.fc16.x86_64
libgtksourceviewmm-1:0.3.1-7.fc15.i686
libgtksourceviewmm-1:0.3.1-7.fc15.x86_64
libharu-0:2.1.0-3.fc15.i686
libharu-0:2.1.0-3.fc15.x86_64
libpano12-0:2.8.6-5.fc15.i686
libpano12-0:2.8.6-5.fc15.x86_64
libpano12-tools-0:2.8.6-5.fc15.x86_64
metapixel-0:1.0.2-7.fc15.x86_64
munipack-0:1.2.10-2.fc15.i686
munipack-0:1.2.10-2.fc15.x86_64
pngcrush-0:1.6.10-7.fc15.x86_64
pngnq-0:1.1-1.fc16.x86_64
printoxx-0:2.8.1-2.fc15.x86_64
putty-0:0.60-7.20100910svn.fc15.x86_64
rpmdepsize-0:1.0-7.fc15.x86_64
stratagus-0:2.2.4-9.fc15.x86_64
tangogps-0:0.99.4-3.fc15.x86_64
tesseract-0:3.00-2.fc15.i686
tesseract-0:3.00-2.fc15.x86_64
tucnak2-0:2.31-1.fc13.x86_64
wmdrawer-0:0.10.5-11.fc16.x86_64
wmfire-0:1.2.3-4.fc15.x86_64
xaos-0:3.5-2.fc15.x86_64

(The reason I've got my eye on these is that they'd be what breaks if
I remove libpng-compat and/or libtiff-compat, which I'd seriously like
to do before F18 ships.  Those were never intended to be more than a
short-term workaround while people got their dependent packages rebuilt
for the libpng and libtiff major version upgrades.  I don't want to
carry them just to support packages that are long-term FTBFS offenders.)

			regards, tom lane