Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-07-23)

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Jul 24 22:38:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 04:17:46PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> It is unfortunate FESCo members blindly +1'd this feature without a
> bit of evidence or thought. Yes, I read the meeting log. It took
> just three minutes to pass.

The feature was +1ed on the assumption that the feature owner, as a
maintainer of relevant code, is in a better position to judge the impact
on the packages they're working on than people who don't have that level
of expertise in the area in question. If the change turns out to have a
negative effect on the distribution as a whole then that's something
that should be discussed. If there's no more reasonable solution then it
should be reverted. But at present procedure is working pretty much
exactly as expected.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org