Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-07-23)

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Jul 25 14:21:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 04:13:54PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Mar 24 juillet 2012 23:17, Michael Cronenworth a écrit :
>
> > It also turns every font into a blurry mess. This is not a subjective
> > opinion. Run the listed command on the Feature Page for DejaVu and
> > Liberation fonts (two of the biggest free fonts). With the current
> > free-type environment you have crisp, clean fonts. Enable auto-hinting
> > and every character becomes blurred including a simple exclamation mark
> > that is a single line of pixels.
>
> What you call crisp other call distorted windows-like rendering (even
> Apple does not do it that way, their rendering is closer to freetype
> autohinting)

  Which is which?  There are some example here:
http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/tmp/hints/
 *-autohint variants are clearly blurred, while -*hintfull are eligible.

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   an IP-routable hand grenade.'' -- Andrew Morton (LKML)