Mass rebuild for Fedora 18 Complete

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 14:27:40 UTC 2012

On 7/26/12 3:25 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> El Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:03:46 -0400
> Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> escribió:
>> On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 18:11 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>
>>> http://ausil.fedorapeople.org/f18-needsbuilt.html
>>
>> How is this list generated?  It claims vbetool needs rebuilding, but
>> vbetool has been deadpackaged.
>>
>> - ajax
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/tree/scripts/need-rebuild.py
>
> did you follow the full eol procedure as defined
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
> just making it dead.package in git is not enough.

I could have sworn I had, but releng trac disagrees, I seem to have
stopped at the "mark retired in pkgdb" step.  Fixing.

But that raises its own question, why is that not sufficient to get the
package blocked?  I mean, besides that the code currently doesn't
implement that.  Who would own hooking up that bit of pkgdb to that bit
of the compose process?

- ajax