[ACTION REQUIRED v4] Retiring packages for F-18

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 18:11:24 UTC 2012

On 07/27/2012 10:15 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> For endusers, the date is more handy for seeing whether the package is based
> on newer or older upstream versions than the scm's hash.

But do we specifically say what you're supposed to put in the date
field?  Is it the date the hash was created?  The date the hash was
added to a specific branch?  The date the hash was checked out by the
Fedora dev and built in the build system?

The guidelines say at one place that the date used should be the date
the snapshot was made, which can be pretty disconnected from the date
the hash was created or merged.

A date without clear rules or context is just meaningless digits.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!