request for approval to upgrade asciidoc package

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 23:21:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> So, my thought would be:
>
> Definitely build in rawhide. A heads up to those that have packages
> that build with it would be welcome.
>
> For stable releases I would suggest collecting a list of packages that
> BuildRequire it and see how extensive this list is, and then consult
> with those maintainers if they are ok with the upgrade. It may well not
> be worth all the work or change in stable releases.

Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I'll push out an updated spec to my git repo
and work with the maintainer to push a build into rawhide.

I'd probably be happy if the update to asciidoc is available in rawhide
(for Fedora 18).

I went ahead and looked into what depends on it, and it turns out there's
only one package that claims a dependency on asciidoc, fawkes-devenv. That
application uses asciidoc for creating man pages, so I seriously doubt that
the upgrade will cause them any problems since that part of asciidoc hasn't
barely been touched.

I'll proceed with the process to get it updated in rawhide (I'm not a
packager atm, so I'm just assisting).

-Dan

--
Dan Allen