OBS Fedora

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 16:50:05 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm at gmail.com> wrote:
> First Thanks for the link and the answer.
> The guy ported it ten days later and it seems to work perfect now:
> http://www.martin-juhl.dk/2012/04/cbs-ready/
>
> Second the problem with koji is that I have no web interface. I am

It does have a web interface. Try http://koji.fedoraproject.org. Do
you mean you can't do what you want with the web interface?

> one of the maintainers of the experimental unity for Fedora and I do a few other
> packages at home:damianator on OBS. I do lot of the spec file editing,
> patching etc.
> using the web interface from windows, because I can't have Linux on
> this one (long story).

Well the fact you can't run Fedora on that machine is all well and
good, buy another machine you can. We cater for users of Fedora not
Windows.

> Also for some people that want to manage their applications for
> multiple distributions is the *only*
> logical (administrative-able) option, correct me if you have something
> more encouraged by Fedora that has the same capabilities,
> I will be happy to use it.

Fedora has always been for Fedora. We have packaging standards that
are all a lot different than most other rpm distros and while it might
be nice that OBS allows you to do packaging for multiple distros
Fedora has never and will never care about other distros. koji does
what koji does because it's Fedora. We don't pander to other distros
in the hope that someone might just package something for Fedora as
well. There's good reasons why we use koji and I very much doubt that
will change in the short to medium term just because it makes it
easier for you to package things for multiple distros from Windows.

Peter