OBS Fedora

devzero2000 pinto.elia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 16:03:42 UTC 2012

Sorry for the top posting.

Just my 1 cent , i follow only fedora.

But the answer could be only: political in first place. But this is
the same for every distro, and this is true, in particular, for every
distro rpm based for some reason. Every major rpm distro have its
buildsystem, its bugtracker, its deepsolver, its rpm macro, its
standard and so on. Difficult that this will change in the near
future, if ever. My very long experience tell me this.
Best regards
(aside)

why don't use lauchpad instead ? Because it use   bazar as dvcs ?
Really ? But no.

2012/7/28, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm at gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> Any chance Fedora moves from Koji to OBS?
> Why should they?
>
> OBS has a web interface so one can easily fix packages even from an
> internet cafe/work/windows pc.
> Projects can be developed separately and packages can be easily
> branched and submitted.
> openSUSE is entirely build by OBS.
> Third party are unstable packages maintainers, can develop them at one
> place for different distributions.
> e.g as we do with unity for Fedora
> -PACKAGE_dir
> *source.tar.gz
> *dummy.patch
> *%name-%distro.spec
> *%name-%distro2.spec
> *%name-.dsc
>
> What would stop Fedora from doing this switch?
>
> Regards,
> Damian
> --

Inviato dal mio dispositivo mobile