OBS Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jul 28 19:30:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-07-28 at 19:23 +0300, Damian Ivanov wrote:
> First Thanks for the link and the answer.
> The guy ported it ten days later and it seems to work perfect now:
> http://www.martin-juhl.dk/2012/04/cbs-ready/
>
> Second the problem with koji is that I have no web interface. I am
> one of the maintainers of the experimental unity for Fedora and I do a few other
> packages at home:damianator on OBS. I do lot of the spec file editing,
> patching etc.
> using the web interface from windows, because I can't have Linux on
> this one (long story).
>
> Also for some people that want to manage their applications for
> multiple distributions is the *only*
> logical (administrative-able) option, correct me if you have something
> more encouraged by Fedora that has the same capabilities,
> I will be happy to use it.

I don't think you'd be able to do multiple distros from a single OBS
instance even if we were to use OBS code; per Fedora policies Fedora has
to be self-hosting, so we wouldn't use SUSE's OBS instance, we'd run one
of our own. So you'd still have to use SUSE's OBS for official SUSE
packages and Fedora's OBS for official Fedora packages, I think.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey