Suggestion: Continuous mass rebuild

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jul 29 17:38:32 UTC 2012

Currently we're doing a mass rebuild about every couple of releases,
ie. once a year.

Since Dennis Gilmore has written this rebuild script already, why
don't we run the script more or less continuously?  Obviously we could
pace the builds so they happen for each package about once a month and
don't overload Koji.

Then we track packages that don't build, say, 3 times in a row, and
file FTBFS bugs for them and after that prioritize fixing them or kick
them out of the distro.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/