Boot a pungi DVD and access a kickstart file

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Jul 30 13:46:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a custom spin with pungi *and* add a kickstart
file (and be able to use that).  The custom spin works, I also can
add a kickstart file to the DVD (using growisofs), but I don't seem
to be able to access it.

I tried both of these boot options:

   ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg
   ks=file:/run/initramfs/live/ks.cfg

Using the first method, the installer stops with:

   dracut Warming: Unable to process initqueue
   Dropping to debug shell.

The second attempt continues a bit further (it starts services) and
finally stops with:

   The following problem occurred on line 0 of the kickstart file:
   Unable to open input kickstart file: Could not open/read file:///run/install/ks.cfg

P.S.
Accessing a kickstart file via the network works, but I explicitly
want to create a DVD that does not need the network.

I think I ran out of options now...
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thx,

--