Debugging Fedora UEFI boot problems on Intel DQ77MK

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Mon Jul 30 18:23:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:02:07PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> > >I'm pretty sure this is a Intel firmware bug, but it'd be nice to be able to
> > >confirm that somehow..
> >
> > Well, either the bootloader or the kernel (or something after that) is not
> > succeeding If Windows works in UEFI mode on the machine, then we would still
> > consider it to be a bug we should fix, even if the firmware fails to comply to
> > precisely to our previous interpretation of the spec.
> >

> I'll try installing Windows aswell.

I just tried Win7 SP1 x64, and it seems to install and work OK in UEFI mode.
After installation I verified it had created GPT system partition,
and also I used "bcdedit" to verify windows has booted using bootmgfw.efi and winload.efi.

So yes, win7 works in UEFI mode, but f16/f17/rhel63 x64 fail in UEFI mode.

Should I open a fedora bugzilla ticket?

-- Pasi